Now is the time to compose tasty salads with tomatoes from our regions!
Here is a delicious panzanella recipe with tomatoes, ciabatta and basil.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 600 g of tomatoes in various shapes and colors
- 200 g of slightly stale ciabatta
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 6 c. olive oil + 2 tbsp. soup
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 branches of basil (1 small bouquet)
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Tomato Panzanella Recipe
- Roughly cut the ciabatta into cubes.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- salt and pepper, mix everything well.
- Brown in the oven preheated to 210 ° C (th.7) for about 10 minutes.
- Peel and mince the red onion.
- Peel, degerm and chop the garlic.
- Rinse and dry the tomatoes, cut them into quarters.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, 6 tbsp of olive oil and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Then add the croutons, mix again and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the basil leaves and sprinkle them over the salad.
- To serve.
Photo credit: © N. Arnoult / JC Amiel / AOP Tomatoes and cucumbers from France