Deliciously flavored and creamy, this chard quiche recipe is a real treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 puff pastry
- 10 cl of milk
- 25 cl of fresh cream
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 slices of white ham
- 4 chard
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100 g of Salers cheese
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Swiss chard quiche
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Peel and wash the chard.
- In a Dutch oven, boil water, salt and the chicken bouillon cube, cook the ribs for 10 minutes then add the leaves for 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cold water.
- Slice them and set them aside.
- Cut the ham into thin strips and set aside.
- Place the puff pastry in a mold, prick the bottom with a fork.
- Mix the milk and the cream in a container, add the eggs one by one.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced ham, chard, cheese on the tart base and pour in the preparation.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.
> Find out more about Salers.
The history of Salers cheese is of course linked to that of the town of Salers in Cantal. Once made in the burons, it is now produced on the farm, when the cows graze the estive lands.
Swiss chard and well-being
The chard is a vegetable appreciated as much for its leaves, to be prepared like spinach, as for its ribs, which are used in many recipes, especially in gratins and pies. It is rich in iron, calcium, vitamins C and B9.
Read also: health benefits and virtues of chard
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan