The Niçoise salad is a traditional recipe from the Nice region which has found its success all over the world.
There are many variations and many claim to have the original recipe, so here is a tasty interpretation.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 small can of anchovies marinated in oil
- 1 small can of tuna
- 50 g ofolives black
- 4 potato charlotte
- 4 eggs
- 1 small jar of capers
- Lettuce or mesclun
- 3 tomatoes
- 150 g of green beans
- 1 shallot
- 2 small onions (or new)
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
Nicoise salad recipe
Here is a relatively simple and easy to prepare recipe, the success of the Niçoise salad lies above all in the choice, the freshness and the quality of the ingredients used.
Several variations exist, here are some that will seduce you ...
- Start by cooking the eggs, immersing them in simmering water for 9 minutes
- If the beans are not cooked, wash them and cook them for 30 minutes in boiling salted water
- Once cooked, cut the beans in 2 or 3
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes, keeping the flesh firm inside
- Once the potatoes are cooked, run them under cold water (you can keep the skin on or remove it)
- Peel and mince the onions and shallot
- Open the anchovies and tuna cans and drain the oil
- Cut the tuna into pieces
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces
Dress up the Niçoise salad:
- In a salad dish, place a few lettuce or mixed greens at the bottom
- Then you have to superimpose layers of lettuce, beans, tomatoes, potatoes, capers, anchovies, tuna and onions
- Above, we leave a little of each ingredient for decoration
- We put hard-boiled eggs and black olives on top
- Finally pour in the vinaigrette that you will have made with olive oil, vinegar, mustard and shallot
The Niçoise salad is a light, varied and naturally healthy recipe idea.
Enjoy your meal !