The veal paupiette recipe with peppers and Comté offers a Mediterranean note to this great classic of gastronomy.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 5 veal cutlets
- 2 peppers
- 8 olives black pitted
- 80 g of Comté
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of wine vinegar
- 20 cl of chicken broth
- 1 twig of thyme
- Salt pepper
Veal paupiettes with peppers and Comté
- Oil a baking sheet, place the whole peppers on it. Put in the oven and let the skin darken. Seal the peppers in a plastic bag for 5 to 8 minutes. Then remove the skin easily. Seed them and remove the peduncle.
- Cut the Comté into slices.
- Cut the olives into pieces.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine a raw cutlet cut into pieces, an egg yolk. Mix, season and mix again.
- Wrap the other cutlets flat in cling film. Flatten them with a rolling pin. Unwrap and brush with remaining egg yolk. Season, place a slice of pepper, a layer of stuffing, a slice of cheese and a few olives on top.
- Wrap the filling with the cutlets and tie the whole into paupiettes.
- In a casserole dish, heat the oil and butter, brown the paupiettes. Deglaze with the vinegar and broth. Add a sprig of thyme. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and reserve the paupiettes. Reduce the sauce over high heat.
- Serve the paupiettes with the sauce. Enjoy!
- The veal can be replaced with turkey and the Comté with Emmental.
Deglaze: dissolve in a liquid (water, vinegar, crème fraîche, wine, veal stock, etc.) the cooking juices attached to the bottom of the container after cooking. You should then rub the pan with a spatula to release them and mix them with the liquid. They will be useful for preparing a sauce.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan