Both original and full of finesse, this cucumber and baby onion ragout with mint will enhance your fish and white meats.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 cucumber (medium size)
- 16 baby onions
- 10 peppermint leaves
- 15 cl of heavy cream (30% fat)
- 1 apple (Golden)
- Salt pepper
Peppermint Cucumber and Baby Onion Stew
- Peel, wash and seed the cucumber. Cut it into sticks 3 centimeters long by 1 centimeter wide.
- Cut the stems and wash the small onions.
- Put water to boil in the lower part of the steamer, place 8 mint leaves there. Distribute the cucumber sticks and baby onions on the high rack of the steamer. Season and cook for about 10 minutes.
- During this time, wash and chop the 2 remaining mint leaves.
- Peel, wash and seed the apple. Cut it into quarters. Place in a saucepan with water and cook, covered, until a compote forms.
Pour in the cream. Season with salt and pepper and add the 2 chopped mint leaves. Bring to a boil and add the steamed cucumbers and baby onions. Mix.
To serve !
Photo: C. Herlédan