Grevillea junipera is a beautiful spring-flowering shrub, easy to grow, in containers in pots or in the garden.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Grevillea juniperina
Family : Proteaceae
Type : Shrub
Exposure : Sunny or partial shade
Ground : Well-drained, ordinary
Foliage : Persistent -Flowering : April to July
The grevillea is best planted atautumn to facilitate rooting and therefore recovery in spring.
But you can also plant in spring watering a little more at the beginning.
- It is a shrub that particularly likes sunny situations.
- A light shade is also suitable, especially when the sun is scorching.
- The grevillea likes well-drained soils and dreads too wet soils.
Grevillea in a pot or container:
Due to its small size, the grevillea is a shrub that is particularly suitable for growing in pots or containers.
- Avoid excessively hot situations.
- Use a planting or universal soil.
- Place a bed of gravel or clay balls at the bottom of the pot to improve drainage.
- Water in summer as soon as the substrate is dry for a few centimeters.
- Follow ourtips for planting a shrub.
Maintenance and pruning of grevillea
Caring for grevillea isvery easy because it hardly needs any care when properly installed.
The grevillea resists frost well, but fears long periods of frost when temperatures drop below -10 °.
The grevillea can be pruned without any problem, ideally after spring flowering.
- You can give it the shape you want or leave it with its compact shape.
Watering the grevillea:
It is a shrub that fears excess water, stagnant water, but still needs to be watered in hot weather or prolonged drought.
All you need to know about grevillea
Grevillea is a small shrub that is particularly appreciated for its beautiful flowering, ranging from pink to yellow and offering beautiful colored clusters.
Its foliage, of great finesse, sometimes leaves confusion with certain conifers whose juniper, hence its name grevillea juniperina.
The grevillea has a compact and rounded shape which makes it an ideal shrub for cultivation in containers or in pots but also for the constitution of low flowering hedges.
To discover, the grevillea desert flame
Superb variety of grevillea that blooms from fall and through winter. Its foliage resembles that of rosemary.
Here is a video of the expert advice for growing desert flame grevillea properly:
Smart tip about grevillea
The grevillea growth is relatively slow, which makes it a shrub ideal for growing in containers or pots, on the terrace or on the balcony.