We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is a delicious Mussel Curry Stew recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 kg of mussels
- 2 broccoli
- 2 shallots
- 1 lime
- 10 cl of white wine
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 10 cl of heavy cream (30% fat)
- 10 cl of coconut milk
- 2 bird peppers
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of curry
- 1 tsp. 1 teaspoon of potato starch. tablespoon of water
- Salt, pepper, coarse salt
Mussels stew with curry
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Brush and wash the skin of the lemon, remove a few zest with a peeler. Cut these zest into julienne.
- Wash and chop the bird peppers.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets, wash it.
- Bring salted water to coarse salt to a boil, immerse the broccoli florets in it, cook for 5 minutes and cool in ice water. Drain, set aside.
- Scrape and wash the mussels. Place them in a casserole dish with the white wine.
Cover and cook over high heat until they open. Shell them. Filter the cooking juices and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sweat the shallots in it.
Pour in the cream, coconut milk and 10 cl of the reserved mussel juice. Reduce for 5 minutes over low heat. Add the peppers, lime zest, curry. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the potato starch diluted in 1 tablespoon of water. Simmer for another 1 minute.
Filter. Place the broccoli and mussels in this sauce. Check the seasoning.
- Serve hot.
Chef's B.A.ba about the curry mussel stew
- This dish can be served with a small brunoise of vegetables.
- If this dish is eaten with children, pay attention to the dosage of bird pepper, which is a very hot pepper from the islands of Réunion and Guadeloupe.
Reduce:evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Sweat : remove the water from the vegetation of a vegetable by heating it gently without coloring in a fatty substance in order to concentrate the flavors.
Cut into fine julienne : Cut into regular slices 1 to 2 mm thick then layer and cut into filaments of a few centimeters = cut into thin sticks (eg julienned leek, julienned orange zest ...).
Calories per person: 230
Photo: C. Herlédan