A source of almost permanent discomfort, hemorrhoids are a dilation of veins of the anal area (rectum and anus), as well as the surrounding tissue.
A phenomenon comparable to varicose veins that can appear in the legs, these permanently dilated veins often swell when the subject has a bowel movement.
Today in France, 50% of adults over the age of 50 complain of hemorrhoid problems.
This annoying disorder, respondent But frequent is often difficult to tackle by the subject. However, "everyone has hemorrhoids "And, this is their inflammation which poses a problem.
But, are home care, self-medication or taking over-the-counter medications sufficient to relieve the pains ? If not, are there other alternatives ? As to plants, can they effectively relieve a hemorrhoid attack? Which ones and to what extent? Overview …
Hemorrhoids: here's what you need to know ...
Definition of Hemorrhoid:
Defined as swollen vascular tissue located in the wall of the anus and rectum, the hemorrhoids often form small blood clots or even cause bleeding minors during the defecation.
Different types of hemorrhoids:
There are two types hemorrhoids namely:
> External hemorrhoids.
Very sensitive due to the presence of sensitive nerve fibers at this location, they appear under the skin of the orifice of the anus and, can swell.
Even more, one often constant in the patient, a blood clot that develops in a dilated vein, causing a discomfort painful and embarrassing at a time.
> Internal hemorrhoids.
Identified according to their stage of development, this type of hemorrhoids forms either in the lower part of the rectum, either inside the anus.
- in the 1st degree, the dilated vein is nested at inside of the anus
- in the 2nd degree, when the subject has a bowel movement, the vein dilated fate of the anus. After the effort of defecation, she returns to her original position.
- in the 3rd degree, the subject manages to put the hemorrhoid "in its place" after the effort required to defecate.
- in the 4th and last degree, the hemorrhoid remains at the outside of the anus and cannot regain its "initial position".
What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids
The symptoms hemorrhoids are diverse.
Usually a hemorrhoid attack lasts a few days and then the symptoms go away.
Very often, the subject complains of:
- bleeding and of pain superficial at the time of defecation.
- feeling like the rectum is swollen from the inside.
- feeling of itch, of burn, or even discomfort in the anus.
- oozing mucus in the anal area.
- And to finish, of growths meaningipain in the anus.
Origins and causes of hemorrhoids
Usually some risk factors cause a inflammation hemorrhoids.
We will retain among others:
- overweight or obesity
- regularly lifting heavy objects
- being subject to regular episodes of diarrhea or from constipation
- spend a lot of time, sitting on the toilet.
- engage in the practice of anal coitus.
Even more, some people are at risk and are "easily" prone to hemorrhoid attacks.
These are mainly:
- people with cirrhosis liver
– pregnant women
- women who gave birth vaginally
- or even those in which a close relative is subject to this same type of evil.
In addition to these risk factors, there are eating habits including those of people with a preference for dishes in sauce, milk, cold meats, spicy or pepper spices, alcohol, coffee, brown rice or even white chocolate.
Natural treatments to cure hemorrhoids
For relieve the itching and the pains sometimes mild from an attack of hemorrhoids, some plants are full of benefits well known. What is the dosage to follow?
Indeed, some plants have substances such as flavonoids who have a positive effect and protective on the blood vessels.
It is in fact:
- of horse chestnut whose the bark and the chestnuts contain substances which would have a positive effect (stimulating and protective) on the blood vessels. It is in fact aesculoside and aescin which in addition, reduce the inflammation. It would therefore be indicated for less serious hemorrhoids cases.
To relieve pain due to hemorrhoids, it is recommended to consume it in the form of:
– drops : 5 to 15 drops daily until the pain disappears, are sufficient.
– infusion. To do this, in 1L of water, pour 40 grams of crushed horse chestnut then bring everything to the boil for 5 minutes. Off the heat, let stand for about ten minutes. Drink 1 or 2 cups between meals for 3 weeks. Interrupt the intake for 10 days and then repeat a 3-week cure again. You can add honey as desired to enhance the taste.
– full suspension of fresh plants. As for the dosage, 1 measuring cap of 5 ml in a little cool water, morning and evening is sufficient.
- of the'witch Hazel. His bark and his leaves contain substances (flavonoids and tannins), promoting the resistance blood vessels. In case of hemorrhoid attacks, specialists recommend a local treatment (suppository or cream) or use by oral witch hazel.
- of the red vine
Containing substances having a stimulating and protective effect on small blood vessels and veins, leaves of the red vine are indicated in traditional use to mitigate pains caused by a hemorrhoid attack.
- of thorny butcher's broom or holly. The rhizome of this plant is known for its properties promoting contraction and the protection walls of blood vessels. Used in local application (suppository or cream) or by oral, it is indicated to reduce the sensations of itch and of burn.
- The sweet clover
Thanks to its flowers containing flavonoids, this plant would have virtues allowing to tighten an orifice, as well as tonic actions on the blood vessels.
To complete the list of plants known to naturally relieve hemorrhoid attacks, we will note:
- the psyllium seeds (to soften the stools and reduce bleeding caused by hemorrhoids);
- the aloe gel to fight inflammation
But also :
- the broth-white,
- the ginkgo,
- the ginger,
- the passionflower,
- the solidage
- where the ivy climbing.
Good to know about hemorrhoids
In some cases of natural treatments against the hemorrhoid attacks, some specialists recommend following the principles of Unani medicine according to which certain plants are combined in the form of distillate or essential oil to obtain a lotion to the active and penetrating functions.
Indeed, the association of birch (antispasmodic, anti-infective) with walnut (anti-inflammatory, healing, antiseptic), witch hazel (stimulating circulation) and knotweed bistort (tonic, hemostatic, astringent) has the effect of relieve, heal and especially to reinforce the venous walls.
In case of doubt or persistence of symptoms, do not hesitate to consult your doctor for a notice even a treatment more adapted.