Here's a great way to cook sweet potatoes with this Cheesy Sweet Potato Rosti recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 10 strands of chive
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1 small handful of coarse salt
- 70g grated Emmental
- 6 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. oil soup
- 50 g butter
- Freshly ground pepper
Sweet potato and cheese rostis
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes. Place them in a pot of water.
Bring to a boil, salt with coarse salt and cook for 10 minutes. Drain them, let them cool (about 15 minutes) and peel them. Grate them with a large grater.
- Place the grated sweet potatoes in a bowl with the cheese and chives. Season and mix.
- Form the rösti into pancakes, coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan, place the grated sweet potatoes there (do not too thick, do it several times if necessary).
Flatten slightly with a spatula.
Cook for 2 minutes over high heat and turn over. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
Remove and blot on absorbent paper.
Learn more about the sweet potato
Native to South America, this perennial plant produces delicious tubers with a floury texture and sweet taste reminiscent of chestnuts.
Colorful, their shades vary from yellow to orange, passing through purple, depending on the variety, and their shapes, sometimes quirky, are often elongated.
Used both for the preparation of sweet and savory dishes, sweet potatoes remain a staple food for certain populations in tropical regions.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel