Elderberry jelly is very easy to make and the profusion of fruit, often wild and unused, makes it a very inexpensive jelly.
For all those who enjoy picking wild fruits in the summer, this recipe is for you!
Ingredients for the elderberry jelly:
- 1 kg of black berries elderberry
- 500 g granulated sugar
- 1 sachet of pectin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Elderberry jelly recipe
The elderberry jelly recipe is made during the summer, when the elderberries are ready to be harvested, fully ripe, very black and bathed in the sun.
Be careful, the elderberry stains a lot and it is better to protect yourself before cooking
Start by washing the elderberry carefully while removing the green seeds.
Using a fork, hold back the berries by getting rid of all the stems
Put the elderberry in a jam bowl or pot
Then bring to a boil and hold for 5 min until the fruits burst and release their juice
- Then pass everything through a mill or cheesecloth for a clear jelly
- Weigh the quantity thus obtained and pour the same weight in sugar then mix
- Pour in the lemon juice and the sachet of pectin
- Bring to a gentle boil again and allow 2 minutes from the first boil
- To see if the jelly is cooked, place a spoon on a cold plate and if it freezes, it's good
- If not, cook for a few more moments
- When it is still very hot, pour the jelly into the jam jars then close immediately by turning them over
- Let cool
Enjoy your meal !