Gourmet but also easy to make, here is the recipe for the lavender honey butter waffle, a combination of crunchiness and smoothness.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 50 g butter
- 125 g flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 20 cl of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Lavender honey butter
- 50 g of lavender honey
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 dash of lemon juice
Whipped cream :
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
Lavender Honey Butter Waffle Recipe
For the waffle dough:
- Place the butter in a saucepan, just melt. Let cool.
- In a salad bowl, place the flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar.
- Mix and form a well. Pour in the melted butter, egg and add salt.
- Mix and pour in the milk gradually. Work until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Leave to rest for 2 hours in the fridge.
For the lavender honey butter:
- Cut the butter into pieces.
- Place the honey in a saucepan, bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and gradually incorporate the butter while whisking.
- When the mixture is smooth, pour in the lemon juice.
For the whipped cream:
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- Scrape and scoop out the seeds inside with the tip of a knife.
- Whip the cream vigorously until it sticks to the branches of the whisk.
- Gently fold in the icing sugar and vanilla seeds.
- Place a ladle of dough in a waffle maker.
- Bake so that it is crisp on the surface and soft on the inside.
- Serve with honey butter and whipped cream.
How to make it easier to make whipped cream?
Place the utensils (bowl or salad bowl, whisk) and the cream in the cold 10 minutes before use.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan