Deliciously flavored, this carrot with cumin and cream recipe is an ideal accompaniment to white meats, poultry and fish.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kg of carrots
- 2 orange tea bags
- 20 cl of fresh cream (30% fat)
- 1 pinch of cumin in powder
- 2 pinches of cumin seeds
Tea steamed carrots, cumin flavored cream
- Cut the tops, peel, wash and cut the carrots into small regular slices.
- Place water in the lower part of the steamer, bring it to a boil and add the orange tea bags to it.
- Place the carrots in the upper part of the steamer. Cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- In a salad bowl, place the crème fraîche, whip it for a few moments and incorporate the cumin powder.
- Divide the carrot slices in verrines. Place a quenelle of heavy cream sprinkled with cumin seeds on top.
Wellness and carrot
Carrot, because of the abundance and originality of its fibers, can effectively regulate intestinal transit. It helps fight constipation by providing a supplement of particularly well-tolerated fiber in the diet. But, paradoxically, it is also effective in cases of diarrhea: soup or mashed carrots are then conventionally used. In fact, the fibers of the carrot have a strong water retention capacity.
Read also :
- Carrot, health benefits and virtues
- Cumin, health benefits and virtues
Photo: C. Herlédan