Perfumed and delicious, you are going to enjoy this lentil salad with salmon, quinoa and cream sauce.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g of lenses green
- 150 g of quinoa
- 4 smoked salmon fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Espelette pepper
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp. coffee seeds fennel
- Salt pepper
Read also: benefits and virtues of lentils
Green lentil salad, salmon and cream sauce
- Peel, degerm and crush the garlic clove.
- Cook the green lentils in a saucepan of simmering unsalted water with the clove of garlic. After 20 minutes of cooking, salt the lentils with coarse salt, mix, cover and stop cooking. Rinse and reserve the lentils.
- Rinse the quinoa. In a pot of salted water, place the quinoa and Espelette pepper. Leave to boil for 9 minutes. Stop cooking, cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Rinse the quinoa with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Cut the salmon into thin strips and set aside.
For the cream sauce:
- Squeeze the orange and collect its juice.
- In a bowl, combine the cream, orange juice, salt, pepper and fennel seeds. Adjust seasoning.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the lentils, quinoa, slices of salmon with the cream sauce.
- Serve the salad in small bowls.
- If you prefer a more aesthetic side, serve the sauce on the side and do not mix the slices of salmon with the lentil / quinoa mixture.
- This salad can also be served hot with cream sauce. In this case, reserve the lentils and quinoa hot after cooking. You can also use a fresh salmon fillet that you have cooked in the oven or steamed.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret