Here is a happy marriage between land and sea with this delicious cancalaise beef tenderloin recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 beef fillets (160 to 180 g each)
- 12 cupped oysters
- 70 g butter
- 3 shallots
- 10 cl of Vermouth (or Noilly Prat)
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. oil soup
- Salt pepper
Cancalaise beef fillet
- Open the oysters. Extract the flesh. Filter and pour the water from each oyster into a saucepan. Bring this water to a boil, poach the oysters for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove them and keep the water.
- Peel, wash and chop the shallots.
- In a saucepan, melt 10 g of butter, place in it and sweat the chopped shallots for 3 minutes.
Pour in the Vermouth, soy sauce and oyster water. Reduce, add a few drops of lemon and whisk the sauce with 30 g of butter. Keep warm.
- Roughly chop 8 poached oysters with a knife (reserve the other 4 whole), add them to the sauce.
- Place 30 g of butter and oil in a pan, sear the fillets and cook to the desired doneness.
- Place the fillets coated with the sauce on hot plates, each topped with a poached oyster.
You can accompany this dish with small vegetables (tops of cauliflower, carrots, julienned leeks ...) or a mash
Words from the kitchen
Whisk in butter : add very cold butter in small pieces to obtain a smooth sauce.
Reduce : evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Sweat : remove the vegetation water from a vegetable by heating it gently without coloring in a fatty substance in order to concentrate the flavors.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan