You are a fan of Asian cuisine, you like scallops and you want to wow your guests, try the scallop pho and you will be won over.
Preparation : 30 min
Cooking : 25 min
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 50 g semi-salted butter 500 g scallops
- 1 bag of black tea
- 3 shallots
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 5 cl of nuoc-mam sauce
- 1⁄2 bunch of chive
- 2 branches of basil
- 1 lime
- 200 g pho noodles (rice vermicelli) 50 g unsalted cashews
- 1 onion
- Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper
Scallop Pho Recipe
- In a sauté pan, melt 30 g of butter and quickly pan-fry the scallops.
- Pour in water until they are covered. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the scallops and steep the black tea.
- Peel and mince the shallots.
- Grate 1 cm of ginger.
- In a pan, melt the rest of the butter and lightly brown the shallots. Add them to the tea broth with the ginger. Season with the nuoc-mam sauce and coarse salt. Continue cooking over low heat.
- Wash and chop the chives and basil.
- Brush, wash and mince the lime.
- In a pot of salted water, cook the noodles for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with clean water. Reserve.
- In a pan, roast the cashews and crush them.
- Peel and mince the onion.
- In each bowl, arrange the noodles, scallops, chopped herbs. Pour in the tea broth. Season with chilli and pepper.
Serve and, at the same time, offer the lemon slices and the nuoc-mam sauce.
LEARN MORE ...
Black tea : From Sri Lanka (Ceylon), India (Darjeeling) or China, black tea offers a huge range of flavors and aromas depending on the region of production: strong, fruity, smoky ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel