We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A traditional recipe from Poitou, the Petalou is a delicious goat cheese and potato pie.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 250 g of potatoes
- 125 g of fresh goat cheese
- 3 eggs (small)
- 30 g of melted butter + 20 g for the mold
- 5 cl of milk
- 250 g of shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- Flour for the mold
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Petatou Poitevin recipe
- In a saucepan of salted water (start cold), cook the potatoes in their field dress. Once cooked, peel and puree them by passing them through a sieve. The mash should be quite compact.
- In the same sieve, then pass the cheese.
Preheat the oven to 200/210 ° C (th. 6/7).
- Gather the mash, cheese, whole eggs, butter and milk in a bowl. Season to taste. Mix well with a whisk.
- Butter a tart mold and line it lightly with flour. Roll out the dough inside, making sure to leave a slightly high edge to allow the dough to rise.
- Pour the mixture over the dough, level with a spatula, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brown the surface with beaten egg yolk, using a brush.
- Bake again for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel