Here is an easy dessert to make all year round with this rice cake with dried apricots, at the same time light, fruity and delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons
Rice cake with dried apricots
- 100 g round rice
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 pinch of salt
- 65 g of dried apricots
- 25g sugar
Dried apricot coulis
- 100 g of dried apricots
- 25 cl of water
Rice cake and dried apricot coulis
For the rice cake with dried apricots:
- Scrape off the seeds inside the vanilla bean with the tip of a knife.
- Rinse the rice. Place in a saucepan, cover with cold water.
- Heat and remove from heat after 2 to 3 minutes of boiling.
- Rinse again and drain.
In a large saucepan,
- Combine the rice, milk, vanilla seeds, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring regularly (the milk should be absorbed).
- Let cool.
- Cut the dried apricots into brunoise, add them to the almost cold rice.
- Divide into small ramekins and place in the fridge.
For the dried apricot coulis:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, place the dried apricots in it.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the apricots in the bowl of a blender with 25 cl of water and blend.
- Reserve in the fridge.
- Unmould the small rice cakes, place them on a plate and pour a bead of apricot coulis all around.
You can add 20 cl of whipped liquid cream when the rice is cold. Whipped cream will make this recipe
- Cellar side:
- Well being:
Calories per person: 370
Rice pudding is best when using whole milk. Fragrant, refreshing, apricot is one of the richest fruits in
provitamin A (or carotene): 1.5 to 3 mg per 100 g, which corresponds to almost 50% of the daily requirements!
Photo: C. Herlédan