Affection Hormonal in origin, acne is a classic but very common skin problem in adolescents.
While this generally benign dermatosis is a nightmare, especially for adolescents (80% to 90% of them), it turns out that men are more affected than women.
On a daily basis, a acne persistent, sometimes painful and purulent, becomes a real torment, even an obsession for the subject.
What to do ? Can we overcome blackheads thanks to the virtues of plants?
Acne: here's what you need to know ...
Definition of acne:
By its etymological definition, the word "acne", comes from the Greek ακμή (akmế), which means "point ", " Mountain peak ".
Wrongly translated into “akne” (Aestius), this term was therefore adopted to designate the skin granules and the black dots.
Symptoms and locations
Skin illness reflecting a surge of blackheads, red spots, and cysts, acne usually affects the face and the thorax.
However, other subjects develop this dermatosis sometimes more severe, the level of neck, of back and even scalp.
Origins and causes
Acne results from reactions occurring in sebaceous glands. It is these glands which, located under the skin, produce the sebum.
In large quantities, the latter blocks the duct of the sebaceous glands, thus making the oily skin and acne: which promotes the growth of bacteria responsible for inflammation of the skin or the appearance of blackheads.
Many factors are at the origin of the acne breakout.
We note among others:
> the puberty and hormonal surge: at theadolescence (8-13 years), psychological and above all physical changes are accentuated by growth of sex hormones. It is therefore during puberty that the sebaceous glands produce more sebum, thus promoting the proliferation of bacteria who feed on it.
> the hormonal changes at the women. Between 2 to 7 days before their rules, some women are prone to acne breakouts. Others, under contraception (containing progestins that can promote acne such as lynestrenol, norgestrel, norgestrienone, gestodene, norethisterone, levonorgestrel, desogestrel ...) are often likely to develop a form of ’acne accentuated; unlike some who, when stopping the contraceptive pill, suffer from the same condition.
In addition, it may happen that the menopause or the pregnancy promote acne in women.
> the adrenal gland dysfunction or some ovaries.
In very rare cases, this disorder can cause acne in women.
Natural and effective solutions against acne
Can acne problems be treated with plants?
Here are some answers ...
If 10% to 20% of adolescents consult a doctor for acne problems, it should be noted that conventional medicine offers them either local treatments which are sometimes less effective, or treatments with side effects which often do not. do not reassure them.
As for herbal care, we see a (natural) action at the heart of organ activity, thus stimulating the functions of the liver and kidneys without endangering them. Isn't it better to opt for natural but effective solutions?
Which plants have known virtues to treat acne?
Brief overview ...
– Tea tree: native to Australia, the virtues of this tree are known to fight against acne rash, because it contains a substance (terpinen-4) that acts as a antimicrobial on infections, reducing inflammation.
His antiseptic properties antibacterial and anti-infectious dry the buttons.
– Aloe vera: this plant is a anti-inflammatory which stimulates the immune system and accelerates the process of healing infections.
To read: benefits and virtues of aloe vera
– Nettle : true natural treatment for oily skin, nettle leaves reveal properties anti-inflammatory (vitamin B, minerals, zinc, trace elements) to fight against acne breakout.
– Lady's mantle: possessing an action identical to progesterone, the "grass to women »Promotes healing. It is very often recommended for combating acne. Discover the lady's mantle
- Discover the benefits and virtues of lady's mantle for health
– Dandelion: Treatment 100% natural and free, this plant whose leaves are rich in potassium, has a depurative action for the liver.
She is effective in cleaning the blood of all toxins of infectious origin, responsible for recurring acne pimples.
Therefore, she treats acne and inhibits the appearance of pimples and blackheads.
– Tomato: rich in proteins, vitamins A and B, antioxidants, and lycopene, the tomato is a real anti-acne treatment.
Its properties anti-inflammatory, anti-infectious and antitoxic cleanse and heal the skin.
This ingredient purifies pores clogged with impurities then tightens them effectively.
Natural, inexpensive and harmless, the tomato is often recommended to obtain a radiant complexion.
– Lemon: thanks to its natural properties (ascorbic acid) promoting the healing, lemon juice is very effective in combating bacteria at the root of acne.
But beware : it should be used with caution to avoid hypersensitivity and / or cause damage from the sun.
How to take?
To treat your acne problems,
> It is recommended to apply locallyEssential oil of the'Tea tree on the skin.
> If you have thealoe vera in a pot, cut the leaf at the base, open it in half and squeeze half to extract the gel.
Then apply it daily to the skin.
NB: Once cut, the Aloe vera leaf can be stored for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
> Once the infusion of the'nettle obtained, soak clean compresses in them and then apply them to the acne-prone areas. There are also capsules nettle-based to take during cures.
> Lady's mantle is recommended either in:
- Efluid strokes: 1 teaspoon per day is sufficient
- Infusion: Infuse 4 teaspoons for ¼ hour in a cup of hot water. Drink 2 cups a day.
- Mother tincture: 50 drops to take morning and evening.
- Decoction, followed by an infusion: Boil 10 g of this plant for 20 minutes in 1/4 liter of water. Let sit for 10 min. Drink 1 cup.
- Discover the lady's mantle
> The dandelion is recommended either in:
- Infusion. Let it sit in hot water for half an hour. Drink 2 to 3 cups daily.
- Homemade lotion: pour 4 handfuls of flowers in 1 liter of boiling water. Let sit for half an hour. Filter and reserve the dandelion juice.
This homemade lotion is to be used twice a day to clean your face.
- Infusion of dandelion roots and of burdock: a decoction of dandelion and burdock roots every day for 4 weeks is recommended for acne-prone skin.
- Mask : In boiling water, throw a few dandelion flowers and let them steep for 30 minutes.
Once cool, spread them over your face.
Leave on for ¼ hour. Rinse.
To renew twice a week.
Here in a few non-exhaustive lines, plants whose virtues are recognized for relieve acne.