Schist is a very long-lasting decorative mineral mulch with excellent aesthetic and covering characteristics.
It is actually slate shale gravel and it can find a special place in our gardens and walkways.
Read also :
- Cocoa shells, decorative mulching
- Pine bark, ideal for heather plants
- Slate mulch, it enhances the beds
- Vegetable mulch, an excellent fertilizer
- All our articles dedicated to mulching
Advantages of shale mulching
- Extremely decorative mulch
- Durable: unalterable, incombustible, rot-proof and resistant to all climatic hazards (rain, wind, etc.)
- Neutral ph.
- Saves watering by limiting evaporation.
- Prevents the growth of weeds.
- Protects against freezing
Thanks to all these advantages,
- you stimulate root development and therefore the growth of your plants.
- You will enjoy more abundant flowering and an even more beautiful garden!
Purple-brown in color and very stable over the years, this mulch is particularly suitable for all beds: Trees, shrubs, green plants and flowers, indoors and outdoors.
Smart tip about shale
This mulch has many advantages, but not that of fertilizing the soil.
As an underlay, you can therefore put a layer of cocoa shells and you will thus benefit from all the advantages!
Read also :
- Protect your plants against the cold thanks to mulching
- A multitude of plant mulch
- The different mineral mulches