Here is a nice starter with this parmentière recipe of Saint-Jacques with parsley, beet crisps.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 20 g finely chopped shallots
- 7.5 cl of fish stock
- 7.5 cl of chicken stock
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 1 raw beet
- 20 g of ground hazelnuts
- 6 scallops
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 200 g of potatoes
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- 40 g salted butter
- freshly ground white pepper
Parmentière of Saint-Jacques with parsley, beet crisps
- Reduce to half the shallots, fish stock and poultry stock.
- Bring 1 bunch of parsley to the boil in the reduction obtained previously.
Drain, put in a blender and let reduce by half. Reserve.
- Make the potato mousseline: cook the potatoes, crush them, add the crème fraîche, salted butter, nutmeg and white pepper. Keep warm.
- Whip the parsley coulis reduction with 40 g of butter and pass through a Chinese. Adjust seasoning.
- Cut the beet with a mandolin. Fry. After cooking, sprinkle with powdered hazelnuts. Reserve.
- Cut the scallops in half and fry them for 1 minute and 30 seconds on each side.
- Arrange the scallops on the potato mousseline and cover with parsley sauce. Garnish with beet crisps.
Find out more about the scallop
Available fresh from October to April or frozen year-round, scallops are extremely healthy as they contain less than 1% fat. It is also very rich in proteins, trace elements, iron, magnesium and B vitamins.
CELLAR SIDE : Cheverny white.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan