Here is an original way to cook turkey with this recipe for turkey stuffed with dried fruits.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 turkey of 4kg
- 150g butter
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- 50 cl of dry white wine
- 3 onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 sheets of laurel
- 3 podsgarlic
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
For the stuffing:
- 150 g of sausage meat
- 80 g of chicken livers
- 150 g ground veal shoulder
- 3 slices of sandwich bread
- 15 cl of cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 shallots
- 1 pinch of 4 spices
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 4 figs dry
- 5 dates
- 6 dried apricots
- 80 g of raisins
- Fine salt, Pepper from the mill
Turkey stuffed with dried fruits
Preparation of the stuffing:
- Remove the crust from the slices of bread and keep the crumb. In a salad bowl, pour the cream and arrange the bread crumbs in pieces. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Cut the dates, apricots, figs and chicken livers into small pieces.
- In a salad bowl, pour the sausage meat, chicken livers, veal shoulder, add the drained bread, spices, eggs, dried fruits, shallots, flour and season to taste. Mix well and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Preparation of the turkey:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- To melt the butter.
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Mince the onions and cut the carrots into large pieces.
- Garnish the turkey with the stuffing and tie it down.
- Arrange these vegetables in the bottom of the casserole, place the turkey, add the crushed garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf.
- Drizzle the turkey with the melted butter.
- Put the turkey in the oven and baste it every quarter of an hour with the chicken stock for 1 hour.
Pour in the white wine as soon as the filling turns color. Continue cooking for 2 hours 30 minutes, basting very regularly.
Once cooked, remove the turkey, let it rest for 15 minutes. Cut the
turkey, keep it warm, pour the juice into a gravy boat.
Serve this turkey with chestnuts and mashed potatoes.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel