Both creamy and fragrant, this recipe for pork tenderloin with mushrooms is also easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 400 g mushrooms
- 30 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 25 cl of chicken stock
- 3 shallots
Pork tenderloin with mushrooms
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Clean the mushrooms, taking care to cut off the stems.
- Cut the filet mignon into slices one centimeter thick. In a pan, brown them in 20 g of 1/2 salted butter until golden brown. Remove and reserve the meat.
- In the same pan, melt the rest of the butter, place the chopped shallots in it. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, color them lightly. Pour in the chicken broth. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat, uncovered. 3 minutes before the end of cooking, pour in the liquid cream and add the pieces of filet mignon.
Chef's BBA on filet mignon
- To accompany the filet mignon with mushrooms, offer mashed potatoes, pan-fried apples in butter or rice.
- If you opt to use cubes for the constitution of a broth: take a cube of dehydrated chicken broth, dissolve it in 25 cl of boiling water. Conversely, if you make dishes such as chicken in a pot, stew, blanquette ... take the opportunity to freeze your cooking juices, you will get ready-to-use broths.
Well-being and liquid cream
Liquid cream is also known as "whipping cream". Liquid cream is obtained from cream of milk. Unlike heavy cream, it has undergone neither inoculation, hence its milder flavor, nor maturation, hence its liquid texture. To obtain its name "cream", it must contain, like the other categories of creams, 30% fat. Its culinary use is particularly indicated for whipped cream, mousses, crème brûlée ... because when beaten, it has the ability to increase in volume and to give a lightness to the preparation.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret