Tian is a typical Provençal dish, fresh and fragrant.
With eggplant, tomatoes and zucchini, here is the recipe for tian.
Ingredients for 6 people:
When choosing ingredients, choose vegetables of the same diameter
- 2 eggplants
- 1 courgette green
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 podsgarlic
- Mozzarella (2 scoops)
- 1 knob of butter
- olive oil
- Provence herbs (thyme, rosemary)
Eggplant, zucchini and tomato tian recipe:
Having vegetables of the same diameter allows for better homogeneity and therefore a much more aesthetic final result.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Start by washing all the vegetables
- Cut slices about 1/2 cm thick
- Mince the onion
- Sauté the onion in olive oil then add the chopped garlic at the end
- Butter the bottom of the dish and put the onion and garlic in the bottom
Putting the onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish will allow the vegetable juice to soak up throughout the cooking.
- Arrange the vegetable slices, alternating between eggplants, green and yellow zucchini, tomatoes
- Cut the mozzarella into pieces then arrange on top of the vegetables
- Finally, sprinkle with Provence grass
- Salt and pepper
Then bake in the oven for 1h30 to 2h.
The longer the cooking time, the more the vegetables will be candied and the better your tian will be ... so you will hardly have any juice left at the bottom of the dish.
You can also make this recipe by surrounding a roast pork with this same recipe, the result is guaranteed!
Enjoy your meal !