Here is an original and delicately flavored recipe of buttered carrots, gingerbread and lemon.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 carrots of Receivables
- 100 g of Normandy butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 30 g lemon tree honey
- 2 lemon zest
- 2 slices of gingerbread
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Credits carrots with butter, gingerbread and lemon
Clarify the butter.
- Crumble the gingerbread, fry it in clarified butter. Drain on absorbent paper, and filter the resulting cooking butter.
- Squeeze and collect the lemon juice.
- Peel and wash the carrots. Cut them into bevels and blanch them for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and continue cooking in the gingerbread flavored cooking butter. Pour in the honey and lemon juice. Stir the pan to coat the carrots with honey and butter.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat. At the end of cooking, the carrots should be tender and shiny.
- Blanch the lemon zest. Chop them finely.
- Arrange the glazed carrots on a plate, sprinkle with the fried gingerbread crumbs and lemon zest.
Recipe, Photo: Claude Herlédan