Here is a recipe for chicken confit with pumpkin that should be unanimous around the table.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 800 g of chicken breasts
- 250 g of pumpkin
- 100 g of Agen prunes
- 50 g of dried apricots
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot pink
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. 4 teaspoon mix
- 1 tbsp. coffee of turmeric
- 50 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 2 candied lemons
- 30 g of brown sugar
- 1 bag of tea black
- Fleur de sel, pepper
Chicken confit with pumpkin
- In a saucepan, steep the tea bag for a few minutes in hot water. Place the prunes and apricots, let swell.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into large pieces.
- Peel the onion and shallot, mince them.
- Peel the garlic, degerm and mash.
- Cut the candied lemons into pieces.
- Cut the chicken breasts into large cubes. In a sauté pan, brown the chicken pieces in the melted butter. Brown over low heat.
Reserve the pieces of meat, mix them with the spices.
- In the same sauté pan, brown the onions in the cooking juices from the meat, add the shallot, diced pumpkin and sugar.
Add the spicy meat, garlic, candied lemons. Season with salt and pepper then pour water halfway up. Cover and cook over low heat for 1h15. After an hour of cooking, add the prunes and apricots.
About the chicken confit with pumpkin
Crush: crush, grind (eg: crush almonds).
You can make this recipe with turkey breasts, a turkey thigh, chicken thighs or drumsticks, filet mignon or pork cheeks.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret