Viburnum tinus is a shrub known for its pretty autumn bloom, which brings a touch of color to the garden.
In summary, what you need to know:
Last name : Viburnum tinus lisarose
Family : Caprifoliaceae
Type : Shrub
Height : 2 m
Exposure : Sunny to shade
Ground : Rich enough
Foliage : Persistent -Flowering : November to March
Planting Viburnum tinus
Viburnum tinus is ideally planted in the fall but can also be planted in the spring if purchased in a pot or container.
Outside of fall and spring, avoid periods of extreme heat and / or frost.
- It has good adaptability to most soils and locations.
- He likes sunny locations in winter but dreads places that are too hot in summer.
- Water regularly during the first 2 years after planting.
- To promote recovery, follow ourplanting tips.
Viburnum tinus in pots:
Its relatively compact size allows it to adapt to container cultivation, which makes it possible to adorn balconies and terraces in fall and winter.
- Provide a pot of sufficient diameter pierced at the bottom.
- Plant your Viburnum tinus in potting soil, ideally for planting or horticulture.
- Provide regular watering, especially in summer.
Pruning and caring for Viburnum tinus
Maintenance is very limited, especially when the shrub is firmly in place.
You can, however, give it a flowering shrub fertilizer in the spring to promote its growth, prevent disease and improve flowering.
In summer, in case of extreme heat and / or prolonged drought, provide watering in the morning or evening, without flooding the roots.
Size of Viburnum tinus:
Its small size (about 2 m high by 2 m wide) makes it a shrub that does not need to be pruned.
But if you want to reduce or balance its branches, especially if it is in a pot,
- Wait until the end of flowering, in spring, to prune.
- Find our adviceshrub pruning
Good to know about Viburnum tinus
Viburnum tinus or laurel tin is a smallevergreen shrubcompact which offers very beautiful flowering in fall and winter.
The flower buds are a pretty bright pink, contrasting with the beautiful red twigs. The whole with a dark green foliage for a whole of any beauty.
Quite rustic, it resists negative temperatures going down to -10, even -15 ° if it stays short.
Viburnum tinus in a pot is the ideal solution on the terrace or on a balcony.
If you live in an area where the climate is very cold in winter, choose a place that is very sunny and sheltered from the wind.