Here is the delicious recipe for roast beef with mashed potatoes and brown butter, the good cooking of roast beef and an original accompaniment
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 to 1.4 kg roast beef
- 70 g unsalted butter
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt flower
Roast beef, mashed potatoes and brown butter
- Wash the potatoes.
- In a large pot of salted water (coarse salt), arrange the potatoes and cook them with their skin on.
- Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th. 7).
- Arrange the roast in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the roast with small patches of butter (20 g) and pepper.
- Then bake for about 25 minutes (there is usually between 12 and 15 minutes per pound of meat).
- After 5 minutes, remove the roast, sprinkle it with the juice, salt and add a little water.
- Continue cooking for 20 minutes, basting the roast if necessary.
- Meanwhile prepare the mashed potatoes: peel the potatoes that are still warm, mash them and keep them warm.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter until it is nutty.
- Arrange the roast in a serving dish, drizzle the crushed meat with browned butter, season with fleur de sel and pepper.
Chef's BBA on cooking roast beef
The roast will only be better if, taking it out of the oven, you wrap it in aluminum foil and set aside for a maximum of 5 minutes.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel