Only available from November to the end of December, the Corsican clementine is the only one produced in France.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 6 clementines of Corsica IGP,
- 150 g of sugar,
- 1 lemon.
Ideal for a light dessert, to serve with a citrus tea or a coffee, here are the Corsican clementine candies.
But it's also a great idea for cooking with children and giving them a snack!
- Read also: health benefits and virtues of clementine
- Peel the clementines, separate the quarters by removing the small white skins.
- Pour 150 g of sugar in a non-stick saucepan with a little water.
- Heat by shaking the saucepan (never using a spoon which would crystallize the sugar) until you obtain a light caramel.
- Pour a squeeze of lemon juice and mix.
Using a fork, dip the clementine segments one by one in the caramel and place them on a sheet of baking paper.
Work quickly because the caramel cools quickly.
Let your candies before tasting them.
Photo J. MECHALI - Styling I. GUERRE - Clémentine de Corse IGP
Read also: health benefits and virtues of clementine