A delicious Vietnamese specialty, the nem is a rice cake topped with stuffing, here with sardines and cream cheese.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 beautiful fillets sardines
- 1 small jar ofartichokes in oil
- 1 onion
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 200 g of fresh cheese (Madame Loïc type, etc.)
- 4 to 8 rice sheets
- 1 drizzle of sunflower oil (or clarified butter)
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Sardine spring rolls with cream cheese
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Cut the sardine fillets in half, keep them cool.
- Drain and dice the artichokes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
In a pan,
- Melt the butter, add the chopped onion, cook without coloring for 3 minutes, then add the diced artichokes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with fleur de sel and pepper, mix and pour in the honey.
In a salad bowl,
- Arrange the cream cheese and cooked artichokes.
- Mix and adjust the seasoning.
Moisten the rice leaves.
- On each, place the cream cheese mixture, place half a sardine fillet, season with fleur de sel and pepper.
- Close the rice paper in the shape of a spring roll and repeat until exhausted.
Cook for 5 minutes in a frying pan with the oil.
Vietnamese specialty, the nem is a rice cake topped with stuffing (pork, chicken, shrimp, carrot, soy, onion, vermicelli
soy, egg ...), fried in oil, then tasted with salad leaves and a typical sauce (nuoc-mam, white wine vinegar, garlic,
With time and the imagination of gourmets, many variations have emerged, salty or sweet, brick leaves sometimes replacing rice cakes: cantal and bacon with a good local taste; goat cheese and honey for a salty-sweet flavor; chocolate and banana for an original snack; escargots with garlic butter, scallops, duck confit or foie gras for the holidays; apples, ginger and salted butter caramel, just for fun!
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel