Delicately spicy and fragrant, this recipe for langoustines, carrot puree with turmeric is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 8 langoustines
- 2 pastry sheets
- 5 cl of clarified butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 shallot
- 4 petals of candied tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 500 g carrot
- 60 g butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 cl of orange juice
- 1 tbsp. of acacia honey
- 1 pinch of coriander seeds
- 1 pinch of cumin seeds
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- Langoustine shells
- 1/2 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 tsp. of tomato paste
- 3 cl of olive oil
- 25 cl of unsalted butter
Preparation : 1 hour - Cooking : 30 min - Difficulty : average
- Shell the langoustines (keep the shells).
- Cut the brick pastry sheets into 2 × 10 cm strips. Brush them with melted clarified butter. Arrange the langoustines on a strip of pastry sheet with the shallot and the candied tomato cut into small pieces.
Brush the edges of the leaf with egg yolks, roll up. Bake at 220 ° C (th.8) until golden brown.
- In a casserole dish, brown the sliced carrots in 30 g of butter. Add the peeled and degermed garlic. Cover with water and cook until tender. Reduce to a puree.
- In a saucepan, bring the orange juice with the honey to a boil, add the spices. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes then filter. Incorporate into the carrot puree and add the rest of the butter.
- Brown the shells in the oil, add the onion and chopped shallots. Brown and wet with water to the height.
Add the tomato paste, simmer for 20 minutes, mix and filter. Reduce until obtaining a smooth juice, then whisk in butter. Season.
- Train in harmony.
- Read also: benefits and virtues of turmeric
Recipe: T. Bryone - Photo: C. Herlédan