Here is the delicious recipe for shallot flank steak with buttered mashed potatoes.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 800 g of potatoes
- 85 g semi-salted butter
- 10 cl of fresh cream
- 4 strands of parsley (for training)
- 3 shallots
- 600 g flank steak in 4 slices
- 5 cl of cider vinegar
- Shallots and parsley.
- Coarse salt, fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Flank steak with shallot and mashed potatoes
For the mashed potatoes:
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Place them in a pot of water.
Bring to a boil, salt with coarse salt. Cook until tender. Drain them and place them in a salad bowl, coarsely mash with a fork and incorporate 60 g of melted butter and the cream
- Wash and dry the parsley. Slice and set aside.
- Peel and mince the shallots.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a frying pan, sear the steaks for 5 minutes on both sides (depending on the desired cooking). Season with fleur de sel and pepper. Keep the meat warm.
- In the cooking pan, pour the chopped shallots and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with cider vinegar.
- Serve on hot plates: dress the mash, flank steak, shallots and parsley.
Butter and well-being
Consumed moderately on a daily basis, butter naturally finds its place in a healthy and balanced diet, in particular providing vitamins A, essential for good eye and skin health.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not more caloric than vegetable oils or margarine and has the advantage of being composed of 30% monounsaturated fat, good for the body, which is also found in oil. olive.
Read also :
- Our shallot steak recipes
- Mashed potatoes and Roquefort butter
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel