Original and gourmet, this peppered butternut cake is a dessert that should surprise and seduce your guests.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 400 g of butternut
- 130 g of semi-salted butter (including 5 g for the mold)
- 2 eggs
- 120 g brown sugar
- 150 g of rice flour
- 50 g of cornstarch
- 1 tsp. guar gum
- 1 sachet of organic gluten-free yeast
- 70 g of ground hazelnuts (or almonds)
- 4 pinches of Roellinger pepper
Peppery Butternut Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Peel and grate the butternut.
- In a saucepan, melt the semi-salted butter.
- In a salad bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the brown sugar. The
mixture should whiten and form a "ribbon". Add the rice flour, starch
of corn, guar gum and yeast. Mix well. Add the
grated butternut, ground hazelnuts, pepper and melted butter.
- In another bowl, place the egg whites. Add a pinch of salt. Using a mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff. Add them delicately to the preparation. Homogenize the preparation by mixing all the ingredients one last time.
- Butter and line a mold with butter. Pour the preparation.
Bake and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool on a rack.
Learn more about butternut
Just like its French name “doubeurre” the omen, the yellow to orange-yellow flesh of this cucurbit plant reveals an exceptionally fine, melting and velvety texture. A delight !
Ribbon (do the): Said of a mixture of egg yolks and powdered sugar whose consistency becomes smooth enough to pour without breaking when allowed to flow from the top of a spatula.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel