Here is a delicious recipe for cheesy potato soufflé.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 50 g Emmental
- 50 g of old cantal
- 400 g of potatoes charlotte type
- 3 eggs
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 25 g flour
- 25 cl of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Potato soufflé with cheese
- Grate all the cheeses. Reserve.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in plenty of salted water for about 20 to 25 minutes.
For the béchamel:
In a saucepan, melt 30 g of butter, add the flour all at once and mix constantly for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Pour the cold milk over the hot roux, stir, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Cook the béchamel for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th.7).
- Clarify the eggs.
- In a salad bowl, mash the potatoes and incorporate the 3 egg yolks. Add the cheeses, mix and season with pepper and a little salt.
- Add the cooled bechamel sauce and mix again.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt and gently incorporate them into the preparation.
- Pour the soufflé machine into a large, well-buttered soufflé dish with the remaining 10 g of butter (or in large ramekins).
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve your soufflés immediately with a mixed salad.
How to make a béchamel sauce?
It is important to respect the following associations: hot roux with cold milk or cold roux with hot milk.
This rule helps prevent lumps from forming in the sauce.
Wine and potato soufflé with cheese
Although airy in texture, this soufflé hides a great richness in its composition, made up of cheese, egg and potato, and can therefore be invigorating.
This is why we will preferably choose light structure wines, supported by the presence of acidity, to counterbalance the overall density and sweetness of the dish.
Thus, in white, a Burgundy Aligoté, known for its liveliness, will bring the desired depth while reinforcing, through its discreet milky scents, the cheese expression of the preparation.
In red, you can choose a wine in opposition as much for its fruitiness as for its freshness such as Roannaise coast.
> Read also: health benefits and virtues of potatoes
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche