Made with crab or cake, this recipe for shellfish soup with orange is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of crabs (or cakes)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 white leek
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cl of olive oil
- 2 l of fish stock
- 10 cl of dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 80 g heavy cream (30% fat)
- 1 orange
- Salt pepper
Orange crustacean soup
- Grind and crush the tomatoes.
- Peel the garlic and onion. Remove the first leaves from the leek, mince it. Wash these vegetables.
- Brush and wash the currypins, crush them.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil, place the currypins, add the leek, garlic and onion. Mix, pour in the stock and dry white wine. To boil. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and bouquet garni. Cook for about 45 minutes, skimming regularly.
Blend and strain the soup through a very fine strainer. Return to the boil, add the saffron and cream. Check the seasoning.
- Wash and brush the orange peel, removing a few zest. Cut them into fine julienne and immerse them for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water.
Serve the soup in individual small tureens, sprinkle with orange zest.
This soup can be served with garlic bread croutons, with a little rouille.