Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 onion
- 800 g of Sweet potatoes
- 2 pears
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 75 cl of vegetable broth
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 dash of sunflower oil
- 20 cl of cream
- 50 g of Bleu d'Auvergne
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Sweet potato soup with pears and Auvergne blue cheese
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes. Cut them into cubes.
- Peel, seed and cut the pears into pieces.
- In a casserole dish, melt 30 g of butter, add the chopped onion, cook for 2 minutes over low heat then arrange the pieces of sweet potatoes and pears.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the slices of bread into croutons. Heat the remaining butter, add a drizzle of oil and brown the croutons.
- Mix the soup, add the cream. Mix again and adjust the seasoning.
- Arrange in plates or bowls (or a soup tureen), sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and serve with the croutons.