Both delicious and fragrant, this delicious Roast Sea Bass recipe with honey and citrus butter is also easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 juice orange
- 4 unshelled sea bass fillets
- 400 g of coarse salt
- 60 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tsp. a level tablespoon of honey
- 320 g wild black rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Roasted sea bass with honey and citrus butter
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th. 7).
- Wash the orange, remove its zest and squeeze it. Reserve its juice.
- Cut the fish fillets in half.
- In a dish, place a bed of coarse salt, then on top, place the fillets on the skin side.
For garnish :
- In a saucepan, cook the rice according to the package directions (depending on the variety, a black rice can cook for 25 to 55 minutes), in boiling water with the bouillon cube and salt.
- Drain the rice, season it if necessary and keep warm.
- Bake the fish for 5 to 6 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets), after having slightly pepper and salt.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the honey, orange juice and zest. Reduce the preparation slightly over low heat.
- Arrange the fish and the rice on a hot plate, place a bead of orange butter.
Serve with a pan of small vegetables and fresh herbs.
Find out more about the bar
This saltwater fish, sometimes venturing into fresh water, is also called "sea bass" in reference to its voracity. Its lean, fine and delicate flesh lends itself to different cooking methods: in the oven, grilled, braised, poached, pan-fried, in foil ... Line bass is often preferred to sea bass caught in fillets because its delicious flesh is firmer and stays intact.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel