Nettle soup is both tasty and healthy. Its benefits are manifold.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of leavesnettle
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 clovegarlic
- 50 c of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt pepper
Rich in iron and magnesium as well as vitamins, nettle has diuretic and draining properties and helps, among other things, to fight against rheumatism.
- Health: health benefits and virtues of nettle
Nettle soup recipe
This recipe with multiple benefits is quick and easy to make. Don't be afraid to sting yourself, nettles no longer have any stinging power when cooked!
In a large Dutch oven, first heat a tablespoon of olive oil
- Peel then mince the onion and garlic
- Sweat the onion in the pot for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the garlic
- Add the well cleaned nettle leaves and cook them until they have melted (about 5 min, stirring constantly)
- Remove from fire
- Peel and then cut the potato into small cubes.
- Cook the diced potatoes in a pot of salted water.
- Once cooked, add the diced potatoes to the nettle leaves.
Preparation of poultry broth,
- Heat the chicken broth
- When it boils, mix the broth with the nettle preparation, stirring gently
- Leave to rest for a few minutes
- Put everything in the blender
- Salt, pepper
Enjoy your meal !
Smart tip for picking nettles
The nettle picking is ideally done in the morning before the sun heats up, unless you have chosen to pick your nettles in an undergrowth.
Choose an unpolluted place, thus avoiding busy roadsides.
- Pick the nettles with gloves.
- Prefer young shoots.
Read also : how to make nettle manure for plants