Here is a delicious recipe for two celery soup, accompanied by delicious strips of smoked salmon.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 celeriac
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 sprig of tarragon
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 10 cl of liquid cream (30% M.F.)
- Coarse salt, salt, freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable garden: how to grow celery well
- Health: benefits and virtues of celery
Two celery cream recipe
- Peel the celeriac (like a potato), wash it and cut it into small pieces.
- Peel, wash and cut the celery into small pieces.
- Wash, strip and chop the tarragon.
- Cut the salmon into strips.
- Bring 1 liter of salted water in coarse salt to a boil. Add the two celery, cook over low heat and cover for 40 minutes. Mixer. Adjust the seasoning, stir in the liquid cream.
- Divide the cream with two celery in soup plates.
- On the surface, place the chopped tarragon and the smoked salmon strips.
Requiring very little work, branch celery is prepared as follows:
- detach the ribs from each other then cut them flush with the leaves;
- wash them thoroughly and then dry them;
- to avoid parts that are too stringy, peel the branches with a peeler, then prune them according to your chosen recipe.
For celeriac, it's even simpler, just cut the ball in four and peel it with a knife or
These two celery are eaten raw as cooked.
- For celery sticks, cook 10 minutes in boiling water or in a pressure cooker, 20 minutes for an oven gratin.
- For celeriac, it takes 5 minutes in boiling water to blanch it, 8 minutes in the pressure cooker to mash it, 15 minutes to pan fry it and 20 minutes to roast it.
If celeriac alone makes up succulent dishes (mash, remoulade salad, etc.), celery sticks is often wrongly reduced to an aromatic function due to its subtle and delicate taste. Yet it is delicious in soups, salads, gazpacho, gratin, alongside cheese or mussels ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel