The tart tatin recipe is delicious and ideal to end a meal on a fruity and gourmet note.
Topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and small almonds, it's even better.
Easy and quick to make, here's how to make your tarte tatin a success ...
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 8 firm apples (about 2 kg)
- 150g butter
- 15 cl of water
- 150 g caster sugar (preferably brown)
Tarte tatin recipe
The tarte tatin is said to be the favorite recipe of the French. It's no wonder the result of this easy-to-make recipe is so good.
To make the tart tatin, you must first make a good caramel
- In a non-stick saucepan, pour the water and sugar
- Gently bring to a boil, mixing with a wooden spatula
- When the water simmers, it will start to color with the sugar
- Wait until you have a brown color and a fairly consistent appearance
- Add the semi-salted butter
- Pour everything into a pie dish
- Let cool
Once the caramel has been made, the apples must be prepared,
- Peel then seed the apples
- Cut the apples into not too big quarters
- Arrange the apples on the caramel, occupying all the spaces
- Place the shortcrust pastry on top, covering the sides of your pie dish
- Prick the dough with a few stabs so that it can swell
All that's left to do is cook your tarte tatin,
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° (th 6)
- Cooking time: 30 min
- At the end of cooking, the caramel begins to rise to the edges, this is a sign that the pie is done!
She is ideally tasted warm and often accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream and why not small flaked almonds in decoration ...
Enjoy your meal !
Discovery: all our apple pies