The papaya is the fruit of papaya (Carica papaya), a tree-like perennial native to tropical America, from Mexico to Bolivia.
Rich in fiber, it is a highly vitamin which contains several substancesantioxidants and offers many benefits and virtues for the health.
Papaya and its health benefits
- Papaya is a good source of vitamins, ofenzymes and D'antioxidants which are essential to the beauty and youth of the skin and which prevent the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries.
- The fibers contained in papaya strengthen and balance the digestive systems sensitive, and promote good absorption of nutrients by the body.
- Sip of vitamin C, papaya is ideal for boosting your immunity.
- Very low in calories and rich in fiber, papaya is an ideal food in diets to lose weight: it leaves a good feeling of satiety and promotes elimination.
- Papaya contains papain, a digestive enzyme that works effectively against muscle injuries, the light onestrauma and the allergies.
- Papaya seeds have an effect fat burner : they have the ability to prevent the body from absorbing too much fat and sugar, which speeds up the process of digestion and contributes to the weightloss.
Growing papaya for its benefits
No need to imagine growing papaya outdoors in our climate, it wouldn't last beyond the fall.
You can, however, give it a try if you have a winter greenhouse that is well exposed, or even heated so as not to drop below 10-15 ° at night.
- In order to flourish, papaya indeed needs a hot exposure (minimum 10 ° C), sunny, fairly humid and protected from the wind. The ground must be humus, rich, well drained and fertile.
- You can grow papaya pot but you will only have small chance to see it develop fruit.
Papaya in cooking for its health benefits
- You can taste the papayas floods, alone or mixed in salad other fruits (banana, pineapple, kiwi, for example) or cooked like a vegetable, mashed or in soup.
- Ripe fruits are eaten fresh, dried or as a drink.
Nutritional benefits of papaya
43 kcal / 100 g. Quite poor in calories and very rich in water, stuffed withvitamin C and offibers, papaya is a very popular fruit thanks to its exceptional properties and its mild, sweet flavor.