The rack of lamb is a piece of choice as its flesh is so tender and tasty.
Cooked with herbs from the garden, it will give the best of itself, here is the recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 rack of lamb composed of 8 ribs
- 1 spoon of rosemary
- 2 spoons of thyme
- Sheets of laurel sauce
- 10 cl of olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 clovegarlic
- 20 cl of whipping cream
- 1 bunch of chive
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Let yourself be tempted, it's a treat!
Rack of lamb with herbs recipe:
The quality of this recipe lies in the marinade because it is this that will give all the flavor to your rack of lamb.
- Finely chop the shallot.
- Mix the thyme, rosemary and shallot with 10 cl of olive oil, salt and pepper
- Brush the meat with this marinade
- Place the bay leaves on top
- Place in the fridge for 2 to 6 hours (the longer you let marinate, the more fragrant the meat will be)
Preparation of the chive cream:
This cream is not essential but it is ideal if you want to eat your rack of lamb with a baked potato.
- Chop the chives
- Mix with whipping cream (or crème fraîche)
- Salt and pepper
It can be served cold as well as slightly warmed before serving.
Cooking the rack of lamb with herbs:
About 1 hour before cooking the meat should be removed from the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °
- Bake and cook for 20-25 minutes (the cooking time also depends on whether you like slightly pink meat)
- Remove from the oven and let stand a few minutes in aluminum foil before serving, this will tenderize the meat.
Enjoy your meal !