Ideal as soon as you return from the first autumnal evenings, the mushroom velouté is fragrant and creamy.
It is equally suitable as a starter, as a small appetizer or in a verrine.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 40 cl of milk
- 60 g ofonion chopped
- 1 half chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon flour
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of fresh cream (30% of gr.)
- 4 pinches of parsley
- 1 knob of butter
- Salt and pepper.
Mushroom velouté recipe
- Wash the mushrooms, cut them into pieces.
- Brown the onion in a sauté pan with the butter.
- Add the mushrooms and parsley, cover over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chicken broth in 30 cl of boiling water, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the flour over the mushrooms, stir and add the broth then the milk.
- Leave to cook for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- At the end of cooking, mix everything.
- Add the cream and mix.
Serve the velvety hot mushrooms,
Enjoy your meal !
Photo credit: © MarqueRepere-Francesca Mantovani