At the same time greedy, au gratin and terribly smooth, this potato gratin with shallots is the ideal accompaniment to your meats and roasts.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 8 potatoes medium
- 4 or 5 shallots (depending on the size)
- 150 g of grated cheese (Comté, Emmental or Parmesan)
- 3 eggs
- 10 cl of milk
- 10 cl of liquid cream
- 10 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tsp. tablespoons of Provence herbs
Potato gratin with shallots
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into thin strips.
- Peel, wash and mince the shallots.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- In a buttered gratin dish, place a layer of potatoes, cover with a layer of shallots and grated cheese.
Repeat the operation until all the ingredients are used up. Sprinkle with herbs from Provence.
- In a salad bowl, place and break the eggs, pour in the milk and cream. Whisk and pour into the dish.
- Bake and cook for 1 hour.
Shallots can be replaced with onions.
Read also: health benefits and virtues of potatoes
Photo: C. Herlédan