Simple and authentic, treat yourself to this delicious curry mussel soup recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 white leek
- 20 g butter
- 20 g flour
- 10 cl of white wine
- 1 tsp. curry
- 12.5 cl of liquid cream (30% fat)
- Salt pepper
- 800 g of mussels
- 1 shallot
- 30g butter
- 5 cl of white wine
- 2 to 3 fish bones
- 1 onion, 1 shallot, 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 green leek
- 1/2 celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 30g butter
- 75 cl of water
- 1 bouquet garni
Curried mussel soup
Simple and authentic!
For the marinated mussels:
- Scrape and deburr the mussels. Immerse them in fresh water and wash them, renewing the water several times, let them drain in a colander.
- Peel and chop the shallot.
In a casserole dish,
- Melt the butter, add the shallot and sweat for a minute. Add the white wine and let it evaporate slightly. Add the mussels, pepper and cook until they open.
- Remove them from the casserole, shell them.
- Filter the juice (set aside).
For the fish stock:
- Soak the bones in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Peel and wash the vegetables, cut them into pieces.
- In a casserole dish, sweat them for 2 to 3 minutes in butter, add the rinsed fish bones.
- Add the 75 cl of water, add the bouquet garni.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, skimming regularly. Filter.
- Remove the first leaves from the leek, wash it and thinly slice it. Sweat it for 2 to 3 minutes in butter. Add the flour, mix, cook for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat. Pour in the white wine and add the curry.
- Reduce slightly, add 3/4 of the shelled mussels.
- Add the juice from the mussels and about 40 cl of the fish stock. Cook for 30 minutes, mix. Filter.
- Stir in the cream, check the seasoning.
Divide the soup between soup plates, sprinkle with the remaining shelled mussels.
Muscadet Sèvre and Maine sur lie
Words from the kitchen
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Wet : pour a liquid, wetting (water, milk, broth, stock, wine ...) in order to cook or make a sauce, a juice ... This liquid is poured until it touches the top of the cooking ingredient.
Sweat : remove the water from the vegetation of a vegetable by heating it gently without coloring in a fatty substance in order to concentrate the flavors.
Well being : Calories per person: 300
Photo: C. Herlédan