We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Both salty and full of freshness, this samphire sea bass recipe is a feast.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 sea bass fillets (150 g each, with skin)
- 1 young fennel
- 320 g of samphire
- 2 tomatoes (Prisca variety)
- 1 tbsp. 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. coffee seeds cumin
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- Fleur de sel, pepper
Salicornia sea bass
Steamed "king" fish
- Wash and finely chop the fennel.
- Wash the salicornia.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into slices.
- Place the fennel, salicornia, tomatoes and sea bass fillets in a steamer. Sprinkle with fennel and cumin seeds. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter to a hazelnut state.
- Divide the fish and vegetables among 4 plates, sprinkle with butter.
- To serve !
Learn more about samphire
Sea fillet, pickle or sea bean, salicornia - from salcoran or "horn of salt" in Arabic - is eaten raw, to add iodine to salads or omelets. Crunchy and salty, it can also be cooked in butter like beans before garnishing white meat or fish, to stay in the theme. And if you have previously candied it in vinegar, use this samphire picked from May to July as a condiment like pickles to spice up cold meats or cold cuts.
On the cellar side, wine pairing and salicornia bar
The aromatic contrast between the aniseed notes of fennel and cumin and those, iodized, of salicornia is able to transcend the delicate flesh of sea bass without the need to add tomatoes, the presence of which makes a delicate combination with wines. . In this case, we will choose either a southern white from Bouboulenc and Grenache blanc grapes such as a Lirac if we want to enhance the touch of anise, or a Chablis which will push forward the maritime trend of the dish by its liveliness and its notes. mineral. But if we insist on the presence of tomatoes, to comply with the recipe, we can stay in the Côtes du Rhône, but this time choosing a rosé.
-Chablis 6.5 to 15 €
-Lirac white 5 to 10 € and rosé 5 to 8 €
Hazelnut butter: butter that has attained a slight coloration and which develops a scent similar to that of hazelnut.
Recipe: CIDIL, Photo: C. Herlédan