Original and fragrant, this recipe for cabbage (red and green) with chicken breasts (chicken) is easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 300 g of green cabbage
- 400 g of Red cabbage
- 4 chicken breasts
- 100 g of bacon
- 60 g of butter ½ salt
- 3 shallots
- 15 cl of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Preparation : 15 min
Cooking : 45 min
Difficulty level : Easy
- Wash the cabbages, drain them.
- Slice the chicken breasts. Keep them cool with cling film.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Slice the cabbages.
- In a casserole dish, melt 40 g of butter ½ salt and cook the shallots without coloring them.
- Add the cabbage, brown sugar, bacon, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix well, cook for 3 minutes without stopping stirring and pour in the chicken stock.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sear the chicken breasts with 20 g of butter ½ salt.
- Remove them and place them on the braised cabbage.
- Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Recipe : A. Beauvais -Photo : S. Thommeret